Our wonderful products team here at PCI has been hard at work on Vessel Service Solutions (VSS) 2.0 – a new and improved vertical solution for the boat assistance and towing industry.
VSS was first released over two years ago in January 2014 and sold as a customizable framework for covering ship or watercraft breakdown emergencies - kind of like a Big Mac - you could have it your way. We provided you the burger and bun and you decided all the delicious toppings you wanted. The idea behind the product was to help an industry, which relied heavily on 20th century processes (think scans and faxes), streamline their workflow by going paperless and digital.
VSS has come a long way since then. We’ve taken this framework and turned it into a truly wonderful and efficient solution with expanded functionality—yet still delightfully customizable.
Here’s how it works.
The process is simple enough—but saves the dispatcher and captain considerable time eliminating double entry and doing away with the necessity to print, scan, or fax any paperwork. The entire process from receipt of the order to sending it for payment takes place in one interface.
Other than an efficient orders process, the solution also offers users the following modules to track almost every aspect of their business:
- Fuel logs per boat with information including: engine hours, location, and cost per gallon.
- Maintenance Log where users can make an entry each time maintenance is performed on a boat.
- Maintenance Schedule that graphically shows the viewer when the next required maintenance is to be performed.
- Time Sheets where personnel can link day and night hours worked to a specific order, calculate commission totals for an order or bill by the unit (ft. yd. mi.) for services performed.
- A variety of reports can be pulled on Orders, Boats, and Time Sheets.
- Preferences is where the magic happens. This is where the user can customize some modules, manage QuickBooks, add boats and ports to the fleet, manage personnel contact information and update QB items/ services.
VSS is packed full of all types of goodies and nifty features for the user—much too much to discuss in a blog. If you’re interested in learning more about what else this solution has to offer contact us at email@example.com or 760-510-1200.
For more information on Vessel Service Solutions please visit: www.vesselservicesolutions.com