Did you see our course, Mastering Claris & FileMaker Server? Productive Computing University revamped its Claris & FileMaker SSL course to address much more than installing SSL certificates in Claris & FileMaker Server.
Installing SSL certificates on FileMaker Server was no picnic back in the day, and thanks to recent updates, a 2-3 hour course solely providing instructions on SSL certificates may no longer be necessary. Now that it’s easier to install SSLs with both Claris Server and FileMaker Server, PCU updated the course with an expanded list of offerings that includes server training and best practices.
What are Claris Server & FileMaker Server?
Most businesses need to share data with a team of people and be able to access the data from anywhere - in the office, at home, or on the road. Without Claris Server or FileMaker Server, you wouldn’t be able to host your files and share them with your team or the world. It’s the essential glue that connects your systems to your users. Some businesses choose to hire a Claris or FileMaker hosting company, while others choose to host their file internally using an “on-premise” server.
As you can imagine, setting up Claris Server or FileMaker Server correctly on your own server hardware is incredibly important. Any disruptions, downtime, or data loss could be catastrophic to your business.
PCU’s updated Claris & FileMaker Server course
Our revised course, Mastering Claris & FileMaker Server, helps both beginners and advanced FileMaker users learn the basics of both Claris and FileMaker Server installation and configuration. Since most of this information isn’t available in a Claris or FileMaker Server manual, this course will save your hours of time spent combing through YouTube videos and forums.
We designed this course to help:
- New developers: If you’re working with the Claris or FileMaker platform, it’s inevitable that you’ll have to install, configure, manage, maintain, and monitor Claris Server or FileMaker Server.
- Experienced FileMaker developers understand more complex server topics.
- IT specialists bridge the gap with clear, actionable how-tos and best practices to help lock down data.
What’s covered in the Mastering Claris & FileMaker Server course?
The Mastering Claris & FileMaker Server course will teach you both basic and advanced tips, including:
- Install Claris Server on Linux
- Install FileMaker Server on Windows, Mac and Linux
- SSL procurement and installation
- Configure server settings and establish proper connections
- Troubleshoot and monitor server performance
- Schedule backups
- Create clone-only backups
- Work with Server-Side Scripts
- Command line interface
Curious about the change? Learn more about our new and improved course, Mastering Claris & FileMaker Server.
Enroll in Mastering Claris & FileMaker Server now
In the world of technology, times are changing, and PCU is changing with them. Our Mastering Claris & FileMaker Server course will give you an edge so you can confidently install, configure, manage, and maintain your server.
Good news! If you’re an existing subscriber to the original FileMaker Server SSL Certificate Installation course or the PCU University Bundle, you’re grandfathered in and will have immediate access to the new course content.
Want to learn how to manage your own Claris Server or FileMaker Server? Check out the course.
Additional Blogs, Training, and Resources
If you are interested in additional FileMaker videos, training courses, or product news, please:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for FileMaker tips and tricks.
- Subscribe to our newsletter for industry and product updates
- Check out Productive Computing University for in-depth training courses covering advanced FileMaker technologies such as FM Server Manager (a free course and tool), API Fundamentals for FileMaker Developers, FileMaker Development Environment Using AWS, and much more.
- Have a look through our related blog posts below and many more.