FileMaker Server 16 was released on May 9, 2017, and with it came an impressive increase in capacity. This optimization (see image below) will make it even easier for companies to scale their solutions and deal with increased user connections.
To accompany these capacity increases, there are a number of new features as well – enough to sway even the most resistant of adapters.
New to FileMaker Server 16:
1. FileMaker Data API Trial: From now until September 27, 2018, you can use your FileMaker data in other applications and services with REST-based FileMaker Data API. For more information, check out this forum thread: https://community.filemaker.com/thread/173693
2. Tableau Web Data Connector for FileMaker: Tableau makes it easier to visualize your FileMaker Data. According to FileMaker's website, the connector is a FileMaker Data API that provides integration with Tableau Desktop.
3. PDF Support: You can run automated reports and save PDFs using scripts performed on FileMaker Server.
4. OAuth 2.0 Support for Accounts: FileMaker Server is all about security. Simplify your credential management by specifying OAuth 2.0 third party authentication providers – such as Amazon, Google, or Microsoft Azure.
For each FileMaker release, we work hard to prepare and ensure that our clients can utilize the new features available. To accommodate the increase in system requirement necessary to run FileMaker Server 15 and 16, we have doubled the RAM on our Small Team Plan from 4GB to 8GB. Clients can now get up and running with the latest technologies on their own dedicated server for $149/mo.
Every PCI Dedicated Hosting plan includes:
- Free personalized setup – we talk with you about your requirements and then we do all the work necessary to get you hosted - giving you more time to focus on your priorities.
- Fully managed dedicated server – just another perk of hosting with a third party, we handle ALL labor associated with operating and proactively managing your server.
- SSL Certificate – included. That's one less cost and hassle that you need to worry about.
- FileMaker Server Admin Console access – in the event you want to manage or upload files – or set scheduled backups or scheduled scripts.
- Unlimited users – scalability! As long as you have the licenses, you can have as many users as you want ( FMS 16 limits you to 500 concurrent connection – so unlimited is a relative term).
- Regular automatic backups – schedules and redundancy vary based upon your plan, but if something should happen to your solution, we have you covered with a recent backup.
- Dropbox availability – Dropbox is included with our Medium Workgroup and Large Department plans, but a little extra for our Small Team plan ($10/mo).
- Access to FileMaker certified developers - we are just a call or email away. With support available almost 24/7, you'll get the assistance you need in a timely manner.
- Secure uploads, downloads and connections – utilizing the latest technologies and the strictest practices ensures your data is safe and secure from prying eyes and that your system itself is running like a fortress - constantly monitored by our experts.
- PHP/ CWP/ ODBC/ JDBC/ XML access – integrate your solution and server with a variety of technologies.
- Upload speeds of up to 100 MB/s – because no one likes waiting.
Clients can bring their own FileMaker Server license or purchase a license from Productive Computing at a discount. For more information, please visit www.filemakerhostingservice.com or call 760-510-1200.