There’s nothing scarier than having your computer crash. Whether it is the result of computer gremlins or your computer simply internally combusts, it’s never a good feeling to see that blue screen of death. And it’s even worse if you don’t have your files backed up in a secure and reliable location.
Don’t wait until you need a backup to worry about having a backup.
If you’re thinking, “I’m covered, I host my own files, and I think I have a backup.” You’re right — you MIGHT be covered in the event your computer melts down, but you’re short changing yourself in other ways.
Here’s 10 reasons to host with a service versus goin’ it alone.
1. Affordability. Hosting with a service reduces your IT costs. You don’t have to purchase any equipment or software, and you don’t have to deal with the hassle and expense of maintaining an internal server.
2. Flexibility. If you host your files, you can create a virtual workshop from anywhere and on any device. This means you can set up in your favorite coffee shop and sip on a pumpkin spice latte while you get to takin’ care of business.
But I can obtain flexibility and create a virtual desktop if I host it myself. True, and that leads us to reason Number 3…
3. Speed. PCI has multiple data centers across the continental United States, so your system will be close and fast. Hosting services offer faster bandwidth than typical in-house systems.
4. Security. PCI’s Hosting Service provides you with secured server facilities, and encrypts all of your files, so no one but you and “The Invisible Man” standing over your shoulder can see them.
5. Expertise. As Platinum Partners, we can work hand in hand with FileMaker to resolve any server issues beyond the basics.
6. Value. When you or someone on your team needs help getting connected to your hosted solution, we are here to help. We provide the links to your system via email, and we’ll even step it up a notch and provide you with a no-cost, hands-on remote meeting directly with you or your users, if that’s what it takes to get you started or back on track.
7. Backups. We have a wide variety of backups available, including hourly progressives, daily, nightly, weekly, and even monthly. So “28 Days Later” you can request a copy of your files. In the event we experience some Hollywood disaster and are suddenly flooded, engulfed by “The Blob”, catch fire, or get crushed by The 50 Foot Woman, you’ll always have a backup of your data sitting in your Dropbox.
8. Real-Time Monitoring. We provide constant monitoring of our servers and have live server status updates online.
9. After Hours Restarts. We do our best to keep server restarts to an absolute minimum. But if the situation is inevitable, we do everything humanly possible to do it at a time that is most convenient for you, which means we are restarting during the witching hour and mixin’ it up with the ghosts and goblins.
10. Support. Last but not least, you will have access to professional and proven FileMaker experts to answer any of your questions and assist you with tech issues.
Okay, so we said we’d save you money, but how much?
Well, first off, all plans include a 30 day free trial, so you don’t have to worry about experiencing buyer’s remorse.
Second, plans start at $30 a month or $324 a year. You can check out pricing here and then call (760) 510-1200 for a free consultation and quote.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 760-510-1200.