In order to setup your Core5 Starter Edition CRM with your QuickBooks Online file, there are a number of steps you need to take.
Here are comprehensive instructions on how to setup your Core5 Starter Edition file with the FM Books Online Edition server-side plug-in.
1. Go to Preferences and locate the QuickBooks tab.
2. Check the box to indicate that you intend to integrate your Core5 Starter Edition with QuickBooks.
3. On the FM Books Connector tab click on the QuickBooks Online button.
4. Then check the box asking if you would like to use this plug-in on the server
Hosting your file and installing your server-side plug-in:
Before using the plug-in, you will need to host your file. In order to host the file, you need to have access to an account on the server – you either have to be an admin or part of an admin group.
Here are instructions on how to host a file.
Start at 1:08 for instructions on how to host your file and then install the plug-in.
From minute 2:19 – 3:15 the video reviews how to install the plug-in on your server and typical errors that you might encounter trying to install it – as well as how to fix those issues.
If you prefer step by step instructions:
To host the file Go to File >> Sharing >> Upload to FileMaker Server
1. Select "local hosts" in the Hosts drop down.
2. Select the server you wish to load it on to.
3. Enter server credentials and click next.
It will prompt you that Core5 needs to be closed before it can proceed with the upload.
You will select Core5.fmp.12 to be uploaded and click upload.
The Core5 file will upload. Then you can select Done and the Core5 will reopen automatically.
The next step is to install and register your plug-in:
1. Click install – this will install the local (client) version of the plug-in on your computer and the server-side copy on the server.
2. Enter your license ID in the License ID field and click register. The plug-in will now be running in live mode.
The last step is to test your connection – this will authenticate the Core5 Starter Edition with your QBO file.
At this step the process will differ depending on whether you're on a Mac or Windows Computer.
Clicking test connection will bring up a web browser. Log into your QBO account then click authorize on the next window – you are authorizing the sharing of your data between QBO and our FM Books Online plug-in.
You will then need to copy the session ticket that appears in the browser window.
Then paste the ticket into the popup window in your Core5 and click OK.
The Core5 will then indicate that you have successfully connected to QBO.
Click test connection.
Instead of being redirected to a web page like with Windows, there will be a popup window – log into your QBO file via this window and then click authorize on the next window – you are authorizing the sharing of your data between QBO and our FMBOE plug-in.
You will not need to copy and paste the session ticket, as the Mac OAuth process handles all of that. The Core5 will then indicate that you have successfully connected to QBO.
You can now proceed to the QuickBook Import tab to pull in all Items, Taxes, Vendors, and Customers from your QBO file to the Core5 Starter Edition.