San Diego, CA – November 12, 2008 – Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, announces the release of a new enhanced FM Books Connector plug-in.
The FM Books Connector plug-in allows you to exchange data between QuickBooks® and FileMaker® Pro and does not require any knowledge of XML! This new release is now compatible with QuickBooks 2008 and has the following added features.
New Features Include:
– Support for QuickBooks 2009 versions
– Compatibility to use the same type XML pass through commands as FileBooks Link
– Enhanced FileMaker demo file to be compatible with international versions of QuickBooks (Canadian, UK and Australian)
– Single plug-in to support QuickBooks international versions (Canadian, UK and Australian) 2004-2009
– Loads an XML document into memory and applies the XPath query to the document
– Allows for a filter string to filter results, and a path string to save the results
– Automatically formats most input values to values expected by QuickBooks
– Allows for path to XML file as input or direct XML as input
– Allows user to load an XMK document into the parser
– Returns the input string formatted to the desired QB format.
“Other than upgrading and verifying the plug-in’s compatibility with QuickBooks 2009, the biggest modification we have made to the FM Books Connector code is to add the same ‘pass through’ XML functionality that our competitor, FileBooks Link has. Our original intent for the plug-in was to have the plug-in write all the necessary XML code which makes it easier for the developer to integrate FileMaker with QuickBooks. However, there was enough interest from the developer community to have the additional flexibility to simply use the plug-in to pass through XML code directly to the QuickBooks application and use such XML tools as XPATH when developing that we decided to include this functionality on this release.
Now FM Books Connector developers can connect their FileMaker Pro solutions to QuickBooks either with or without writing XML. The FM Books Connector plug-in is truly the best of both worlds.” – CFO, Keith Larochelle
Single user price is $179.95 and please note if you already own FM Books Connector you can download this latest version and install for FREE to take advantage of the new features.
For more information and a downloadable demo visit: http://www.fmbooksconnector.com
About Productive Computing, Inc.:
Since 1996, Productive Computing, Inc. (PCI) has been helping companies become more efficient and profitable by providing a solid foundation of indispensable software and support services. From custom FileMaker Pro database development, consulting and products, to IT support, web site design and hosting services, PCI is your strategic partner for all your company’s technology needs.
Productive Computing, Inc. is one of only a few companies in the United States to have earned the highly respected and exclusive Platinum level membership within the FileMaker Business Alliance.