FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
San Diego, CA - July 21, 2011 - Productive Computing, Inc. a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, announces the release of the Change Printer v4 plug-in for FileMaker Pro®. The Change Printer plug-in provides FileMaker® Pro the power to automatically change printer drivers within your scripts. It can be used to coordinate large and complex print procedures and switch between various types of printers/drivers such as: inkjet, laser, label, and PDF.
- Enhanced error trapping method using the new PCCC_GetLastError( Type ) function. Most plug-in functions now return the !!ERROR!! string in the event of an error or a 0 for a success. Immediately after an error occurs, please call the PCCC_GetLastError function to obtain a textual or numerical description of the error. If upgrading from the previous versions, please note that you will need to change your scripts to accommodate for the new method of error trapping.
- Added optCopies parameter to PCCC_Change Printer function. This parameter determines the number of copies the job will print and is available on both Mac and Windows platforms.
- Added optSource parameter to PCCC_Change Printer function. This parameter determines which source tray the paper will come from on the printer and is available on both Mac and Windows platforms.
- Added optOrientation parameter to PCCC_Change Printer function. This parameter determines the portrait or landscape orientation of the page that prints. This parameter is only available on Windows. On a Mac you can use the FileMaker "Print Setup" script step to select the orientation.
- Enabled the optPause parameter of the PCCC_ChangePrinter function to work on both Windows and Mac. This parameter allows the user to determine how long the print dialog will be displayed before the print job proceeds.
The Change Printer plug-in starts at $74.95 ($48.72 upgrade) for a single user and is compatible with OS X 10.4.11 - 10.6 and Windows XP, Vista and 7. Visit the product page to download a demo, view the video tutorials and read our documentation.
Plug-in Integration and FileMaker Pro Support:
Want help getting this plug-in professionally installed into your FileMaker solution? Do you have other database enhancements you would like to have programmed? We can help!
The process is easy - complete our online Request a Quote (RFQ) form or call us directly at 760-510-1200 and one of our certified developers can work with you on improving your solution today.
About Productive Computing, Inc.:
Since 1996, Productive Computing, Inc. has been helping its customers become more efficient and profitable by providing a solid foundation of indispensable technology consulting and FileMaker Pro development services. Productive Computing, Inc. also produces several software solutions such as Core3 CRM, Core2 CRM, Core2 Invoices, FM Work Orders, OrgPlanner and IT Asset Manager as well as a suite of FileMaker Pro plug-ins that allow FileMaker Pro to integrate with third party applications including Outlook, QuickBooks, Constant Contact, Entourage, the Apple Address Book, Apple Mail and iCal, PDF forms, digital signatures, credit card processing and biometric fingerprint scanners.
Productive Computing, Inc. is one of only a few companies in the United States to have earned the highly respected Platinum level membership within the FileMaker Business Alliance and recently awarded the exclusive FileMaker Business Alliance Partner of the Year award.
Productive Computing, Inc.
950 Boardwalk, Suite 205
San Marcos, CA 92078
Productive Computing, Inc.