New Training Course on FileMaker Server External Authentication Released at Productive Computing University
San Diego, CA - November 29, 2018 - Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, is proud to announce the release of a new course at Productive Computing University. The FileMaker Server External Authentication course explores and explains each aspect of the External Authentication tab in the FileMaker Server 17 Admin Console.
This one hour course covers:
- How to set up External Authentication within each of the OAuth providers including Amazon, Google, and Microsoft Azure
- Instruction on how to configure the connections within the FileMaker Server 17 Admin Console completing the connection to Amazon, Google, and Azure
- Demonstration of how client connections work with FileMaker Server 17 with all three providers using FileMaker Pro Advanced, Go, and WebDirect
- Step-by-step instructions on how to manage the FileMaker database settings for each external account
- How to configure external access to the Admin Console using a local user account and/or Active Directory (Windows)
This training series teaches how to use the FileMaker Server 17 Admin Console to enhance a FileMaker solution's security beyond what is currently built into FileMaker Server and how to properly utilize OAuth and Active Directory in FileMaker Server 17 to implement modern-day security standards.
“External Authentication is an advanced and flexible authentication method for today’s modern-day FileMaker solutions. Just last week I spoke to a customer using Azure for their external authentication and their FileMaker systems. It appears that more and more customers are utilizing these modern security implementations and it’s nice to see the platform mature in this area. We see this course as the best way for someone to get up to speed on these authentication methods and techniques quickly.” Marc Larochelle, Instructor, Productive Computing University.
FileMaker introduced External Authentication and OAuth to allow for easier and more secure account management. Creating FileMaker accounts puts the onus of security on the database administrator. Creating external accounts allows the IT department to assume control of account management and security processes. External authentication aligns with the modern industry-standard of managing accounts outside of FileMaker.
For more information on the course, please visit www.ProductiveComputingUniversity.com.
If you are interested in other topics and tips for FileMaker developers, have a look at our Exploring the Basics of API Integration with FileMaker blog post. It is a great starting point if you need to learn the basics of APIs.
FileMaker Server External Authentication
For more information on this course and other FileMaker training courses, please visit Productive Computing University.