BaseElements Mastery Course - Now Released
September 17, 2020
Check out our new BaseElements Mastery course and receive a subscription to BaseElements for FREE!
BaseElements has proven to be one of the most helpful developer tools in analyzing client's systems and providing easy ways to find and work with all the components within a FileMaker file. Working in conjunction with the FileMaker DDR (Database Design Report), it gives you an overview of all the elements in your entire FileMaker file such as layouts, scripts, fields, Global Variables, tooltips, etc. BaseElements tells you what is being used, where it is being used, what is broken, and what is not being used at all.
This 2-hour course covers everything from the basics to the more complex parts of BaseElements - such as:
- Navigating BaseElements and importing your first DDR
- Using BaseElements to search and locate objects, scripts, etc.
- Understanding the alerts for Errors, Warnings, and Performance Issues
- Working with the Change report
- Reviewing your Top Call logs from FileMaker Server
- Using the "Clip Manager" to build a library of your schema for easy copy/paste into your solutions
- Customizing BaseElements
- Automating Analysis imports and running from the server
- Working with practical, real-world examples and use cases
Fireside FileMaker Podcast - Analyze This!
BaseElements is a powerful FileMaker analysis tool that has been around since 2006 and is one of the preeminent analysis tools for FileMaker developers.
In this episode of the Fireside FileMaker podcast, guests Marc Larochelle and Nick Orr join John Mark Osborne and Michael Rocharde to discuss BaseElements. This conversation covers the history and evolution of the BaseElements along with discussions about specific features and benefits to developers.