Productive Computing Press Releases
Productive Computing Releases Exchange Manipulator Server Edition Plug-in for Exchange Web Services
San Diego, CA - July 21, 2017 - Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker® Business Alliance, is proud to announce the release of the Exchange Manipulator SE (Server Edition) plug-in for Exchange Web Services. This server-side plug-in connects FileMaker directly to Microsoft Exchange Web Services, allowing users to push and pull Contact, Calendar, Task, Mail and Note data from an Exchange mailbox or with public and shared folders in an Exchange environment.
"By utilizing FileMaker Server and “perform script on server” to handle the processing, users can shuffle data back and forth to Exchange using FileMaker Pro, Go, or WebDirect. Server-side plug-ins allow users to truly capitalize on FileMaker's platform versatility and flexible deployment for their apps. For the first time ever, FileMaker Server can talk directly to an Exchange server (without requiring Outlook) and you can queue up dozens of requests to process in the background in seconds." Marc Larochelle, Chief Executive Officer, Productive Computing, Inc.
The Exchange Manipulator SE plug-in is confirmed compatible with FileMaker Server 14-16, Windows Server 2012 and 2016, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and 2016, and Microsoft 365 Hosted Exchange. This release also features new client and server-side demo files and a new Developer's Guide, Functions Guide, and Migration Guide for assistance integrating the plug-in. Scripting changes are required for those interested in migrating from using Outlook Manipulator to using Exchange Manipulator SE.
Key features of Exchange Manipulator SE:
· Import and parse emails from Exchange into FileMaker to create a complete archive of all email correspondence
· Send plain text or HTML formatted emails with multiple attachments from FileMaker
· Having your FileMaker data in Exchange allows all Exchange connected devices access to that data
· Send official Exchange meeting requests and cancellations directly from FileMaker
· Accept, decline, and tentatively accept meeting Exchange invitations
· Push or pull tasks and notes between FileMaker and Exchange
· Set due dates for tasks and mark tasks as complete
· Get and set contact images
· Push and pull information from any device using FileMaker Pro, Go, and WebDirect
· Send email "On Behalf of" or "From" another user in the Exchange environment
· Save messages as .eml files (allows you to archive your email in a FileMaker container or elsewhere)
· Send official Exchange meeting requests to required and optional attendees
· Set reminder rules to utilize the pop-up reminders within your chosen calendar application
Benefits of a Server license include:
· Added convenience of installing the server plug-in on one machine
· Unlimited users on one server
· Ability to automatically update changes to users' Exchange mailboxes using FileMaker Server's scripting engine
· Communicate directly to Exchange without requiring Outlook
· Communicate directly to any Exchange mailbox
The Exchange Manipulator SE plug-in is available for an annual price of $3,000 for a Server license. The Server license includes a free copy of the client-side plug-in for development and authentication purposes. For more information on the Exchange Manipulator SE plug-in and to download a demo, visit www.exchangemanipulator.com or call 760-510-1200.
About Productive Computing, Inc.
Since 1996, Productive Computing, Inc. has been helping its customers become more efficient and profitable by implementing custom software solutions using FileMaker Pro.
Their certified FileMaker developers can create custom applications that a business can run on their Windows or Macintosh desktop computers, in a web browser and on an iOS device. Productive Computing, Inc. offers FileMaker solutions and plug-ins allows developers to integrate with third-party software. In addition, Productive Computing, Inc. is a full-service FileMaker hosting company, offering shared and dedicated hosting plans and FileMaker Cloud services.
Productive Computing, Inc. is proud to be a Platinum level member within the FileMaker Business Alliance and a Premier Intuit Reseller.