Author Topic: FileMaker Scripts for Canadian QB  (Read 2716 times)

licanez

FileMaker Scripts for Canadian QB
« on: October 06, 2009, 08:26:22 AM »
I am trying to sync my company's software with QuickBooks for a customer in Canada. Our software is created using FileMaker Pro and I am not entirely familiar with scripts. I have been told it has something to do with plug-in function calls. Particularly this one: PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue.

This is the error message I get when I try to establish a connection:

"Code: -1000
  Severity: failed validationg
  Reason: Field order is invalid according to DTD/Schema
  Expecting: State, PostalCode, Country, Note
  Field Value: AB"

Basically I just need to know what to do. This is eating up my time and I have dozens of other things to get too. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
Re: FileMaker Scripts for Canadian QB
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »
In order to use the plug-in everything is done with plug-in function calls. Basically anything beginning with PCQB_ is a plug-in function. You build your request using plug-in functions and use the OSR to get a list of the valid QBs field names. Since it sounds like you are trying to add a customer using the Canadian version, let's have a look at that script and how we create the request to add a customer using the OSR.

In the attachment you can see how to build your request using the OSR. On the right you have your FileMaker request to add a customer and on the left is the OSR with a list of available fields for the Canadian version. The fields must be referenced exactly how they appear here and called in the exact order from top to bottom.

Typically for the Canadian version of QuickBooks you will need to replace State with Province. For example, PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "BillAddress::Province" ; "Any Province" ). However this may vary depending on your version of QuickBooks. According to the OSR Canadian versions 2008 or later are using "State" which could be an error in the OSR. The only way to confirm is to set PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "BillAddress::Province" ; "Any Province" ) and then PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "BillAddress::State" ; "Any State" ), turn on debugger, step through the script and see which steps gives an error.

If you are in a time crunch and not entirely familiar with scripts, then you might want to consider paying a developer (either one of ours or a developer in your area) to assist with the script construction. Our developers are available Monday Friday 8:00am 5:00pm PST at a rate of $155 per hour and they bill by the minute for their time. You can also navigate to http://developer.filemaker.com/search/ to locate a developer in your area.

A few additional questions:
1) Can you post your script on the forum in order to see your exact script?
2) What exact version of QuickBooks are you using?

Chris

• God
Re: FileMaker Scripts for Canadian QB
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »
Note that with the latest version of QuickBooks (2009) the Province tag in all address has been changed to State.  This affects Canadian, UK, and Australian versions.