Plug-ins > Outlook Manipulator

importing rtf-formatted email into filemaker

(1/2) > >>

menno:
When an rtf-formatted email is imported and one or more images are embedded in that mail. It is not possible to import the attachment. That does not have to be a problem, it is possible to not import attachments. However if instead one wants to save the message in .msg format to a file an error message is shown:

MAPI Subsystem error
Index: 0xFFFFFFFF, ulPropTag: 10130102, scode 0x8004010F
ERROR: 8004010F NOT FOUND

In this particular case the signature of the sender has an image with the companylogo, which i do not particularly need, but i cannot save the message as a file either.

My question: how do i avoid this .... how do i avoid being called by users all the time that they cannot save messages? Determining somehow that the email is rtf-formatted and then blocking the save-button is of coarse not an acceptable solution  :)
Another thing: this particular kind of email show in the list in outlook that it has attachment(s) but you can't download the attachment as for example a pdf-file attached to a regular email. I wouldn't mind not to be able to download the attachment, but the plugin should allow to import/save the message while ignoring that there is an attachment embedded in the rtf

Chris:
I am not sure I follow what it is you are asking.

I assume that there are 2 problems...
1) you are unable to save an email using the PCEM_SaveRecordAsMSG
2) you are unable to import attachments

If my assumptions are incorrect please clarify.

In order to better diagnose the problems we will need a sample of your scripts.  Please attach screenshots or pdf files containing the scripts that are at fault.  Indicate which steps cause the error.

menno:
Hi Chris,

your assumptions are correct.
The samples of the scripts are not needed since it is your own demo-file : "Advanced demo"

#1) The scripts that doesn't save records with attachments in RTF-emails is: "Save as .MSG file".
The script-step that does not work is: PCEM_SaveRecordAsMsg ( $Path )
$Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\menno\Local Settings\Temp\FMP_Export.MSG" which definitely is a valid path.

#2) The scripts that doesn't work on attachments in RTF-emails is: "Extract mail records":
The script-step that does not work is: PCEM_GetAttachmentName ( $Counter )
There are a number of attachments and for the case that $counter=1 the result is, in this particular case with the rtf-mail I have, a question-mark .... ? After that the script cannot collect any file. For now i have solved this by checking the result $Attachment ≠ "?" and only then extract that particular attachment. This is fine by me for importing, but this leaves the issue of not being able to save this message as a .msg-file.

If you'd like to experiment with an rtf-formatted email i can forward one to you

regards, Menno

Chris:
Please forward an offending message to support@productivecomputing.com

menno:
Hi Chris,

on Okt 5th we have sent you several emails and forwarded messages to you. Any progress yet? Any Questions?

regards, Menno

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version