Author Topic: HTML Emails  (Read 4650 times)

trumans

HTML Emails
« on: September 22, 2009, 04:57:07 PM »
Can anyone detail how to send html emails instead of plain text emails?

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
Re: HTML Emails
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »
Sending a HTML formatted email using the SendMail plug-in can be done in a single script step using the PCEM_SendMail plug-in function. The entire function looks like this:

PCEM_SendMail( To ; Cc ; Bcc ; Subject ; Body ; Attachments ; optUseHTML )

The last parameter in this function is the optUseHTML parameter which can be set to "Y" for HTML format or "N" for plain text formatting. The other parameters are explained in the plug-in documentation (specifically the Functions Guide and Developers Guide). Let's look at an example of how to call this plug-in function in your FileMaker scripts.

trumans

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 04:13:28 PM »
thanks for getting me started.  However, I still have not gotten it right.

I am referecing field names in my script so I would use example 2.

I'm still unclear what would go in this new UseHTML field that I would have to add to my main table?  Is this like a CSS style sheet?  If so, would it take the same format as such?

I am trying to apply html to content in the body of my message which would obviously be in another field.

Thank again for your help

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »
In example 2 the Main::HTML refers to a a radio button on the demo file that can be set to Y or N. Y allows for HTML formatting and N allows for plain text formatting. As explained in the Functions Guide the acceptable values for the optUseHTML parameter in the PCEM_SendMail function are "Y' or "N."

The HTML body would need to be constructed in FileMaker and referenced in the Body parameter of the PCEM_SendMail function and by setting the optUseHTML parameter to Y, this will allow you to send a HTML formatted email.

You may want to download the demo file, which contains the FileMaker demo file and the documentation (specifically the Functions Guide and Developer's Guide). Here is a link to download the demo from our site: http://www.productivecomputing.com/plugins/outlook-sendmail-id-77/

Hope that helps-
Melinda DePalma