Author Topic: Using plugin in hosted environment?  (Read 4425 times)

sunsabre

Using plugin in hosted environment?
« on: June 11, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »
Does this plugin work in a hosted solution? If so, does Acrobat need to be on the client computers or it can it be on the FileMaker server, or other server for that matter?  I'm not familiar with Acrobat's workgroup capabilities - apologies if I missed this in the docs...thanks!
Rick

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
Re: Using plugin in hosted environment?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »
Yes, the plug-in functions with a hosted FileMaker solution. The machine using the plug-in must have FileMaker Pro and Acrobat installed in order for the plug-in to function properly. Since the data exchange occurs between Acrobat and FileMaker Pro via our plug-in, we do not have a server side plug-in available.

Basically the machine transferring data with the plug-in requires Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard OR Professional or later and FileMaker Pro 7 or later.
Hope that helps clarify.

sunsabre

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:19:28 AM »
Thanks for the quick response Melinda.  Also, do you know if it works in a Terminal Server environment? Seems like it should, but I'm wondering if you have actually tested that -  thanks!

Rick

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »
Yes, all our plug-ins are fully functional with Terminal Services. The only difference is how the plug-ins are licensed and registered. As with any other program including our plug-in on TS, they are licensed and registered per TS user. This means that you will need a valid license for each TS user rather than for each machine. Please also note that you will need to ensure that the plug-in is properly installed and registered in the FileMaker extensions folder of the TS user account.