Author Topic: Pulling Open Sales Orders  (Read 118 times)

Bob_C

Pulling Open Sales Orders
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:53:21 PM »
I can't seem to find any info on this. I need to pull only open sales orders from QB into Filemaker. I looked in the demo DB but don't see any examples of pulling sales orders at all, much less open ones. I'm assuming you just use PCQB_RqNew "SalesOrderQuery" to pull a sales order. But how do you (or can you) pull all open sales orders from QB?

Any help is appreciated.

Bob

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Pulling Open Sales Orders
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 06:56:20 AM »
You need to come at this sideways, since SalesOrderQuery does not include the "IsFullyInvoiced" element among the Request parameters.

You can get a list of Open Sales Orders using the GeneralDetailReportQuery by specifying a GeneralDetailReportType of OpenSalesOrderByCustomer. The Response may not contain all the detail you need, which would mean that you'd need parse the Response and create separate SalesOrderQuery Requests for each of the SalesOrder nodes it contains.

Just know that you're stepping into the deep end of FMP/QB interactions. Creating an efficient GeneralDetailReportQuery can be a challenge, and efficiently parsing the detail you want requires a solid understanding of how to create and apply XPath filters to the Response. If you need help, feel free to post here but know that GeneralDetailReports and XPath parsing can quickly go beyond the scope of what's practical in a forum setting.

If you decide to outsource this or need more ( or more timely ) help than is generally available on the forum, you're welcome to contact me off list.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852