Author Topic: Demo File- Step 2 failure  (Read 114 times)

chammersley

Demo File- Step 2 failure
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:48:22 AM »
After successfully Registering the product in Step 1 [Result 'LIVE'] Running the Step 2 'Test' script results in ERROR -1000 Unable to begin session.

QuickBooks is Open; the file is open.

** I do have multiple copies/versions of the QuickBooks application installed on this machine. (I have multiple clients using different version of QuickBooks)

Thanks for any pointers!
Colleen

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Demo File- Step 2 failure
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »
Hey, Colleen!

A couple quick questions:

Have you opened a connection to the targeted QB file from FMP before?

If not: Are you logged into QB as the Admin user? ( You must be to grant the Plug-in permission to use the API. )

Is there more than one QB file currently running? ( As either a second company or on another version of QB. )

Does the plug-in bit-type match FMP as 32- or 64-bit?

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

chammersley

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 11:01:35 AM »
Thanks Geoffrey!

I do not have Admin access to the file... will have to make that happen. Where in the QB file do I grand the plugin permission? (I vaguely recall doing this for my last integration, but don't recall where and I'll likely have to have the client turn this setting on, then provide me the file again as he doesn't want to give out the admin password)

Thanks again :-)
Colleen

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 11:08:18 AM »
QB presents a dialog box when attempting to connect via the API and logged in as Admin. I don't know if it's possible to add the approval without the connection attempt. If it is possible, it would likely be from the Integrated Applications tab of the Preferences window.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852