Author Topic: Upgrade to newer version of Core2CRM?  (Read 3874 times)

hughn2

Upgrade to newer version of Core2CRM?
« on: December 16, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »
We've been using version 1.0.5.8 of Core2 CRM for several years now. I've never liked or much used the calendar implementation, but would like now to make more use of the calendar and tasks modules. If I recall, newer versions of Core2 CRM have upgraded this part of the database design. Can you provide additional information about what has been improved and whether it may be worthwhile for us to purchase a newer version? We have modified our current version somewhat to link to other databases, but I don't see it as an overwhelming task to duplicate these changes in a new version.

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
Re: Upgrade to newer version of Core2CRM?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 10:01:57 AM »
The new calendar has more of an Apple iCal look and feel. It may be best to download a demo of the latest Core2 CRM from here http://www.productivecomputing.com/solutions/core2-crm-id-64/ so you can see the new design. Also at the very botton of this link on the lower left you will also find a version history to view all changes made from each new Core2 version.

Since the Core is fully unlocked and new features are added to each new version release, then there is no upgrade option available. The concept is much like buying a new car. For example you buy a 2007 BMW without air conditioning and without an iPod adapter. A year later the 2008 BMW is released with air conditioning and an iPod adapter. The only way for you to take advantages of the new features (in this case the air conditioning and iPod adapter) is to pay to have the features installed on your existing BMW or trade in your old model for a new model. I hope I explained that well.

There are two options available if you want to take advantage of the new Core2 CRM features:
1) Manually add the features into your existing Core version.
2) Replace your Core with the new Core and migrate all your data and custom changes from your Core into the new Core. We can provide you with a complimentary Core2 latest version, but you would need to migrate your data and custom changes. We can assist you with this migration under our paid support services. Please just let us know.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:04:02 AM by Melinda DePalma »

weldon9far

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 05:23:20 AM »
How is the latest version of Core2 CRM differs from the last one?

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 09:09:05 AM »
The Core version history can be found on our website. Please navigate to: http://www.productivecomputing.com/solutions/core2-crm-id-64/ and look at the lower left hand corner. There you will see "Version History" and simply click the arrow to expand and expose the version history for each different Core version released.