Author Topic: Delayed Batches of Mail  (Read 2968 times)

ChefRoy

Delayed Batches of Mail
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:05:04 PM »
My internet account with the local phone company limits outgoing mail (from any source) to 30 per session though a small break in between of 1 minute usually does the trick.  My present system requires me to export all my Filemaker records to Outlook and then I use a Outlook Email Wizard addon to generate the mail and limit delivery of mail to 25 every 4 minutes.  Works for me considering I am only send regular newsletter stuff to 1800 recipients.

My question is can Outlook SendMail be batched in the same manner to avoid being black listed by the carrier?  If so, this means I can do all this stuff direct from Filemaker and forego the addon I have now.

Keep your responses simple please, I am a chef not a seasoned programmer, although I have been using FM for over 10 years.

Regards,

Roy

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
Re: Delayed Batches of Mail
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 02:57:24 PM »
If you would like to design a method to only send x number of emails from FileMaker at a time, then this would need to be designed in FileMaker (and is not related to the plug-in).

Outlook SendMail Plug-in is simply allows FileMaker Pro to send plain text or HTML formatted e-mails with multiple attachments through Microsoft Outlook and suppresses the Outlook security dialog.

We can assist with the design and provide you with an estimate if needed. Please fill out a Request For Quote (RFQ) at http://www.productivecomputing.com/rfq if you would like to pursue this option.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:59:31 PM by Melinda DePalma »

Chris

• God
Re: Delayed Batches of Mail
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »
Hi Chef,

The plug-in merely passes the email to Outlook.  You will need to continue to use your Outlook Add-On

Chris