Author Topic: Save Mail into Draft Folder | Outlook Mac  (Read 1544 times)

Guiom

Save Mail into Draft Folder | Outlook Mac
« on: October 14, 2014, 06:14:36 AM »
Hello everybody,

I'm using Outlook Manipulator for Mac and Win, and I do not find how to "Save a Mail into Draft Folder".
I use the PCEM_SendMail for sending my email, but sometimes, I don't want to send the email, but only Save it to the Draft Folder ...

Do you know if there is fonction for my purpose ? Or could you, please, explain me how to do that ? (if it's possible).

Thanks by advance for your help.
Guiom (french FM novice user)

Paul Dacanay

• Global Moderator
Re: Save Mail into Draft Folder | Outlook Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:39:18 AM »
Limitations of the Outlook interface on the Mac OS prevent the Mac version of the plug-in from placing newly created emails into the drafts folder.

So, you're only option when using the Mac OS version of the plug-in is to have a "drafts" interface built into your database for holding the pending email until you are ready to immediately send through Outlook via the plug-in.

However, for the Windows OS version of the plug-in, you can use the PCEM_SaveRecord("DontSend") function. For more details on this, see page 12 of the Functions Guide here:

http://www.productivecomputing.com/docs/docs_library/Outlook_Manipulator/Functions_Guide_Outlook_Exchange_Manipulator.pdf