Author Topic: Query Job Info  (Read 411 times)

ryanesmith7

Query Job Info
« on: April 05, 2017, 01:56:28 PM »
I know how to get Invoices, Credit Memos and Payments for a job, but I noticed in a different system that they were able to pull costs, including Payroll costs from Quickbooks for a specific job. So what is the best way to pull transactional cost information per job?

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Query Job Info
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:47:38 PM »
Were the Payroll costs attached to the Customer via Time Card/TimeTracking transactions? If so, I would imagine the values were parsed out of a PayrollDetailReport or PayrollSummaryReport.

When parsing data from any of the Report Responses, a solid understanding of XPath filtering pays a huge dividend.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

ryanesmith7

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:27:51 AM »
Thank you for the reply, Geoffrey. I will try those reports for the Payroll Info.
What about other types of cost related transactions, for example a Home Depot receipt that is job related?
Thank you!
Ryan

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 12:11:20 PM »
Not sure without looking a bit deeper, but perhaps one or more GeneralDetailReport Responses will give you that data. I'd probably start with TxnListByCustomer.

If the other types of costs are all entered as Bills in QB, maybe a BillQuery specifying the Customer/Job in the EntityFilter node will do it.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852