Plug-ins > FM Books Connector

intermittent error 3170 on first transaction in a batch

(1/1)

db:
Hi,

I'm running a daily batch that syncs customers, invoices, and generates a bunch of journal entries; payments; and refunds.

I'm getting Error 3170 intermittently (ie it happens maybe once every 3-4 days. An example:

CODE: 3170
SEVERITY: Error
MESSAGE: There was an error when modifying a Customers list, element "80000565-1476079010".  QuickBooks error message: This list has been modified by another user.

The batch checks and logs a few details

PCQB_Version
PCQB_GetOperatingMode
PCQB_GetCurrentFileVersion
PCQB_GetCurrentFileName

these always go through fine.

And then it fails with error 3170 on the very FIRST customer sync record (always a CustomerMod because the batch updates (or adds) the customer before pushing any transactions for that customer)

-- it only ever happens on the very FIRST record it tries to sync; it has never happened mid-way through the the batch.
 -- it happens even when nobody else is logged into quickbooks. (And I am not using quickbooks at all on the PC running the batch at the time the batch is running.)
 -- if i wait a few seconds after the error (e.g. as soon as I notice the batch terminated with the error) and try running it again, it has always worked; i haven't changed or done anything
 -- it happens in v8.0.0.0 and v9.0.0.3

It "feels" like something *else* other than what the error is reporting is going on; like the session isn't really ready to start using or something. There is a known issue the dev guide about adding pauses but it applies to FM 13 (I'm running FM 15) *and* it applies to when the QB company file is closed. I have QB open with the company file open. AND I'm not getting the error message thrown by PCQB_BeginSession as described. So that shouldn't be it.

Geoffrey Gerhard:
Are you passing any parameters in the PCQB_BeginSession call? In my experience, passing the CompanyFile parameter slows the connection process even whether or not the QB Company file is already open.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

db:
I'm just calling:

PCQB_BeginSession( "";"")

So it should only connect to the already open file.
Also, I tried adding some pauses bracketing the begin-session but that didn't help; I got a 3170 error today when I tried running the batch. Second attempt ran fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version