Author Topic: ItemServiceAdd  (Read 918 times)

czelinske

ItemServiceAdd
« on: September 18, 2015, 02:33:06 PM »
I am trying to add the Service Items from my FM solution to Quickbooks.  I am using ItemServiceAdd and SalesOrPurchase and am getting stuck when trying to add the AccountRef ListID or FullName. 

How can I find out from Quickbooks what the acceptable Accounts are?  The one that I am starting with is listed as account 5005 - Service - Labor.  I have not been able to determine how to get this information entered so QB will accept it.

Any suggestions?

Cindy

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: ItemServiceAdd
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »
Are you trying to identify the SalesOrPurchase AccountRef using the FullName element? Try passing the account name without the Account Number ( "Service - Labor" ). If that account is a sub-account, you'll need to concatenate it to its Parent Account name followed by a colon like this: "ParentAccount:Service - Labor"

As for the list of acceptable accounts, you can do an AccountQuery. Based on the account number you identified--and assuming you're client is using standard account numbering--you can filter it by including the AccountType element with the value "CostOfGoodsSold" to narrow the list of potential accounts.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852