Author Topic: Odd Invoiceing question....  (Read 1081 times)

trebor

Odd Invoiceing question....
« on: April 27, 2015, 11:18:22 AM »
How can I wipe out the 0.00 in the amount field when creating invoices?

I have a need to add some items, for no cost, to an invoice and find the 0.00 not pretty.  When the billing was done manually, all they did was wipe it out.  Now that I have automated the billing these orphan 0's appear when inserting the commentary lines (they are diagnosis for special ed :: If the appear on invoices some Health Insurers will pay for special services).

Anyway to wipe them out, I tried setting - PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "Amount";" "; ) - but no go. FYI there is a space in between the "", I also tried setting it to "", no space but did not work either.

Is this a scenario where after the invoice is created, get the ID and go back in, find the line item and then set "Amount" to ""?

Curious,

Rob Wolf

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Odd Invoiceing question....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 07:07:27 AM »
I've added comments as InvoiceLines, and I believe they do not show any value in Rate or Amount. What happens if you omit the Rate and Amount elements for those InvoiceLines? It may be that identifying a QB ItemRef or a Quantity forces those values to appear.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

trebor

Re: Odd Invoiceing question....
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 08:48:53 AM »
So I took out the Item (because all the descriptions I was inserting had item codes) and the Amount line.  I think it was the Item Code.  All is well now, no 0's.  Invoice looks as good as when it is done by hand.

Problem now is making sure the data in the DB is correct.  When doing things by hand, there is ample room for the fudge factor, when automating all the data needs to be just right.  There in lies a bigger issue.

Thanks for your suggestions, all is well.

Rob