Author Topic: eSignature Plug-in called in field activation not "New Record"  (Read 4278 times)

LSP SnowSafety

Greetings,

My name is Mike and I'm a self taught, amateur Filemaker developer.  I've developed a database for our Avalanche Control activities at the ski area I work for.  I've recently installed the eSignature plug-in to provide signature capabilities to the database for our Route Leaders to sign.

I have it working properly in a mock database I developed for practice but have a bug in the Avalanche Control database.  The bug is, the plug-in is called on a "New Record" activation and I want it called on the "Route Leader" field activation.  I've disabled the "Auto Enter Last Visited" for the "Route Leader" field but it still calls the plug-in on "New Record" activation.  All settings in the Avalanche Database match the mock database where it is working properly.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Paul Dacanay

• Global Moderator
Re: eSignature Plug-in called in field activation not "New Record"
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 10:27:22 AM »
Mike,

Try this:

1) Enter Layout Mode

2) Select: Layouts > Layout Setup > Script Triggers tab

3) Make sure the "OnRecordLoad" and/or "OnLayoutEnter" option is not assigned to a script calling the plug-in function

Thanks for using our plug-in!

Shawnller1

Re: eSignature Plug-in called in field activation not "New Record"
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 06:20:13 AM »
Mike,

Try this:

1) Enter Layout Mode

2) Select: Layouts > Layout Setup > Script Triggers tab

3) Make sure the "OnRecordLoad" and/or "OnLayoutEnter" option is not assigned to a script calling the plug-in function

Thanks for using our plug-in!

thanks for this steps. i am about to use your plug-ins and looking forward to have a positive result. thank you :)