Author Topic: Credit Memo getting applied twice  (Read 1039 times)

ryanesmith7

Credit Memo getting applied twice
« on: March 24, 2015, 12:22:22 PM »
We have a situation where we bring back summary data from QB using JobReportQuery with JobReportType=JobEstimatesVsActualsSummary, JobReportQuerry with JobReportType=ItemProfitability and InvoiceQuery to determine total amount of the job (sales amount), the sales tax, the collected amount (AppliedAmount) and the BalanceRemaining.

This has been working fine until our customers started using Credit Memos. They seem to be getting applied twice. When the Credit Memo is applied to the job, it is deducting it from the Sale Amount (which I could live with), but it is also reflected in the "Collected Amount" (AppliedAmount).

Are there any suggestions for how to account for this?

Thanks,
Ryan

ryanesmith7

Re: Credit Memo getting applied twice
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:19:57 AM »
 :'( No ideas?

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Credit Memo getting applied twice
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 11:30:29 AM »
This is a question that looks too complex to answer with the detail provided. I presume QB is not doubling the CreditMemo's value, nor applying it twice. If that's true, it looks like the problem to resolve is in the processing of the various QueryRs Responses. A good enough description of your workflow for someone to get you the answer you need is probably beyond the scope of this Support Forum.

If you can't find a solution via other resources, I'd be happy to help you. Feel free to give me a call and we can talk about your options.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852