Author Topic: Please wait while Windows configures QuickBooks  (Read 2305 times)

mislav

Please wait while Windows configures QuickBooks
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »
When the PCQB_BeginSession plugin function is called in the "Begin Session (test)" script of the PCQB_Demo file, a Windows popup window is shown with this message: "Please wait while Windows configures QuickBooks".

I've attached a screenshot of this popup. Btw, Iím not able to stop whatever is happening by clicking Cancel.

After a while, the popup goes away but then it comes right back, and it goes on like this for several minutes. Once it stops, the script resumes running.

When I was trying this a little earlier today, after the script resumed running, the session was surprisingly established correctly, and I was able to continue with the rest of the script without any problems. (I was doing all this using the script debugger.)

I've found this post that references the popup message I'm seeing: https://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/Support/Articles/SLN64413. They suggest to check if my computer meets the minimum system requirements (it does), and to run some reboot.bat file (which I did), and to try performing a clean install of QuickBooks (which I'll try next).

My copy of QuickBooks wasn't registered, so I did that as well just in case that was causing the problem. (And of course I rebooted Windows.)

I tried the script again now, and the same thing is still happening, except now when the script resumes, the session is no longer getting established successfully.

I will try to do a clean install of QuickBooks next, but I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue or has ideas on how to fix it.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Please wait while Windows configures QuickBooks
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:28:40 AM »
I have no experience with this problem, but wonder which versions of FMP, QB, and Windows OS you are using. After the re-install, did you check to see whether the QB Company file retained permission for the plug-in to access the API?

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

Braedon Vogel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 12:22:01 PM »
The issue you are experiencing is a known issue with FileMaker 13 primarily. As documented in our Developer's Guide, this problem can be resolved by simply downloading and installing the .NET 4.5 framework from Microsoft.  Here is a link to the download: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

mislav

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 03:05:11 PM »
Thank you for your responses, Geoffrey and Braedon.

Installing .NET 4.5 framework fixed the issue.