Author Topic: Unable to transfer bills due to missing accounts  (Read 950 times)

JonathanIsland

Unable to transfer bills due to missing accounts
« on: October 09, 2014, 10:00:43 AM »
I have an issue with transferring bills to QuickBooks where I get the following error using the client's QuickBooks file (Note: The Editorial (1099) account is a sub-account of the Editorial account):

There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Account "Editorial:Editorial (1099)" in the Bill. Quickbooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not existing in the list.

I am unable to replicate this issue using my local development file, despite having setup the accounts in an identical manner. Also, when I query the accounts and filter by Type = Expense, I do not see the accounts in the returned list from the client's QuickBooks file (I do on my local development file).

My guess is there is some other setting or variance in the client's QuickBooks file that is causing the issue, but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

johnlewisdesign

Re: Unable to transfer bills due to missing accounts
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 10:36:55 AM »
I reckon you have to check 'use account numbers' and 'use lowest subaccount only' from Edit->Preferences->Accounting. Been there before :)