Author Topic: Invoice Add Question  (Read 1704 times)

kjoe

Invoice Add Question
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:31:02 AM »
I have two questions regarding InvoiceAdd requests.

First question,

I am trying to push the field "S.O. / Ticket No." field to QuickBooks, but I don't see it in the OSR. I see PO Number in the OSR, which is right next to the S.O. / Ticket No. field in QuickBooks. I would assume that means you can't push it, but I was seeing if maybe I just missed something.

Second question,

I would also be able to check the "Print Later" option in QuickBooks for all invoices I send from FileMaker. Again, I didn't see anything in the OSR that indicates I would be able to do this, but just wanted to check before I went a different route.

I attached a picture to show the two fields I am referring to in QuickBooks.

Thanks for the help!

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
Re: Invoice Add Question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »
Hi kjoe,

1. You may want to check the template/layout for your invoices and see what field the "S.O./Ticket No." is mapped to. Some users relabeled a field that they do not use or simply utilize the "Other" fields for this. You should be able to identify it from the template and match that on the OSR.

2. Try setting "IsToBePrinted" to true. This is listed in the OSR and should accomplish what you are looking for.

If you need direct assistance, feel free to call us directly at (760)510-1200 or email support@productivecomputing.com.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:04:04 PM »
The "S.O. / Ticket No." field might, as Jarel said, be the "Other" field with a different layout, but it might also be a Custom field. The Other field is accessed easily using the OSR, while accessing a Custom field is a bit trickier--you'd need to create your Invoice, capture its TxnID, then pass a DataExtMod Request to QB that references the Custom field by name and the TxnID to pass the Invoice's Custom field the intended value.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

kjoe

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
Thanks for the help you two, very appreciated.

Got the printing option working fine, thank you Jerel for the tip.

As far as this "Other" field, I think I am just not understanding what is meant. Are you saying it may be called something other than S.O. / Ticket No. in QB? As in when this template was created, it could have been something else originally? Or am I way off track here.

We use a custom invoice template in QB, that I had no part in creating.

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:41:04 PM »
In QuickBooks go to the invoices --> Formatting --> Customize Data Layout

See which field is being used for the S.O. No. This should help you identify which field you need to reference in the OSR

kjoe

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 12:52:11 PM »
Ahh okay I see now.

So the S.O. / Ticket No. is ironically mapped to the "S.O. No" field in QuickBooks.

I still don't see "S.O. No" field on the OSR, so I am assuming it is not possible at this time.

But if I understand you correctly, we do not use the F.O.B field in QuickBooks, so could I rename the F.O.B field in QuickBooks to "S.O. / Ticket No.", and simply push that field in the script?

I see that FOB is a field in the OSR, which is why I used that one for reference.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 07:13:08 PM »
You could push data other than FOB to the FOB field. You'll need to create a new default template, or pass a TemplateRef to your new Invoices. If that filed is the target of any Query/Find activity, it becomes awkward for users to remember they need to do two searches.

As mentioned earlier, it's possible to pass a Custom Field value if there's enough value in undertaking the additional overhead.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852