Author Topic: Ship To Question  (Read 1395 times)

kjoe

Ship To Question
« on: September 24, 2014, 11:07:36 AM »
So I have customers in FileMaker which have multiple locations, hence have multiple ship to's, but for the most part, the same bill to.

In QuickBooks, for customers, there is the option to have multiple ship to addresses. You can select these from a drop down menu.

My question is, is there anyway to push that name(the name of the different ship to in QB) from FileMaker to QuickBooks so that it knows to use that ship to? I have looked in the OSR, and I have not really seen a field that would allow me to push that name.

Heres an example to clarify.

In QuickBooks:
Customer Name: Joe Schmoe

Ship To:  LARK BROWN ROAD
               VERO ROAD
               YORK ROAD

I want to specify, from FileMaker, that the ship to address with be the "LARK BROWN ROAD" address.

I hope I am making sense here. Any help is appreciated.

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
Re: Ship To Question
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 11:21:49 AM »
In FileMaker, you'll need some sort of identifier for the ship to address to designate which one you want to use. In your script, you will need to ensure you locate that address and point the parameters/functions to that value.

kjoe

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 11:33:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I assumed I would need to specify the ship to address with an identifier, such as the actual name of the ship to.

I guess my question is what is the field in the request that I would place this identifier?

I see in the OSR you can push the individual lines of the ship to, such as Add1, Add2, Add3, Add4, State, City...etc. But I don't see anywhere I could add the identifier, if that makes sense.

Like if I know I want to push the LARK BROWN ship to, I want to just push "LARK BROWN" from FileMaker and have QuickBooks identify that as the ship to to use.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 12:07:39 PM »
Can you be more specific? It's not clear if you're asking about Customer Requests or Invoice Requests. The ability to store multiple ShipToAddress nodes is relatively new, and did not work as described in the OSR in the first QB version that offered that feature. I have not tried to work with it in QB 1014, and maybe it works now.

Looking at the OSR for CustomerAdd/Mod, you'd target the Name element of the ShipToAddress node with the value Lark Brown. There's a difference between the ShipAddress and ShipToAddress nodes. If you're talking about an Invoice Request, I don't see anything that suggests you can pass a ShipToAddress Name value and have the ShipAddress Node "auto-fill" with the referenced ShipToAddress values.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

kjoe

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »
I am pushing Invoices, using InvoiceAdd.

As far as I can tell, there isn't a field in the OSR that I could use to specify which ShipAddress I want to use, unless I specify each element of the ShipAddress such as the Add1, Add2...etc.

And it appears you came to the same conclusion as me.

I was just seeing if I could specify the name of the ShipTo as it is stored in QuickBooks so that FileMaker could tell QuickBooks to use that ShipTo while pushing the invoice. But I had a feeling this was not possible.

I attached a picture of the field in QuickBooks I am referring too. I am new to QB and FM so if this is a relatively new feature I am not to surprised this functionality isn't available yet.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »
Haven't tried it, but it might be possible to make a CustomerMod Request that passes the Customer's ListID, and Edit Sequence, ShipToAddress::Name values, along with the ShipToAddress node's DefaultShipTo element with a value of True, followed by an InvoiceAdd Request that omits the ShipAddress node.

Super "work-aroundy" ( if it works at all ) but I can think of cases where it might be useful.

If you try it, post you're result.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852