Productive Computing, Inc. Support Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using "Projects"  (Read 2217 times)

susan.smith@seahold.com

Using "Projects"
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:20:51 PM »

Has anyone used "Projects" to manage their internal company projects?  If so, can you share your experiences?

I need to be able to report back to my boss on this tomorrow

Rachel Castillo

• Administrator
Re: Using "Projects"
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:43:09 AM »

Hi Sue,

The Core4 Projects module was intentionally designed with a generic set of features that project managers could build upon.  Projects may be based upon a project schedule, while others may be based upon a task list.  Some project managers need to track time against project items and track timelines with a Gantt chart.  Businesses may use the module to track internal projects or projects for individual clients.

We provide the ability to set up your projects with any of these methods.  Since every business manages their projects differently, it is difficult to define a standard workflow or process.

The module can be used as-is with you developing your own process around the functionality.  Or it can be used as a spring board for a custom tailored system to meet your needs.  If you are interested in any customization or development, please let us know.

Rachel

susan.smith@seahold.com

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »

Thanks Rachel ... I hope that other users are reading this and maybe we can get a little sub-group going!

facembani223

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 02:48:43 PM »

thakns for the info :) you saved me a lot of time !

Troffee1970

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 08:28:45 PM »

Hi Sue,

The Core4 Projects module was intentionally designed with a generic set of features that project managers could build upon.  Projects may be based upon a project schedule, while others may be based upon a task list.  Some project managers need to track time against project items and track timelines with a Gantt chart.  Businesses may use the module to track internal projects or projects for individual clients.

We provide the ability to set up your projects with any of these methods.  Since every business manages their projects differently, it is difficult to define a standard workflow or process.

The module can be used as-is with you developing your own process around the functionality.  Or it can be used as a spring board for a custom tailored system to meet your needs.  If you are interested in any customization or development, please let us know.

Rachel

This really help me big as in a lot! I'm having hard time running our company .. Its not my field of interest but its a must.. so thanks for this.. been looking for someone who can help me with .
Pages: [1]   Go Up