Author Topic: Plug-In Installation Error  (Read 6273 times)

kjoe

Plug-In Installation Error
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:59:48 AM »
I have just downloaded the demo files, and I am having trouble installing the plug-in. I was able to successfully use the plug-in one time, and have not been able to since.

The error I receive is when I click the "Install" button on the FileMaker Demo File. It informs me the plug-in is not installed (obviously). If I try 2 or 3 times, eventually it throws the error: "Plug-In Failed to Install. Error: 1550"

I tried manually installing it by copying the plug-in file directly into the extensions folder on FileMaker, but when I click to register or enable to plug-in, FileMaker crashes.

I don't know if I am missing something obvious or if something in my setup is not working properly.

Using FileMaker Pro Advanced 13, QuickBooks 14 R5

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
Re: Plug-In Installation Error
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 07:41:16 AM »
We have seen that error before, when trying to install the plug-in and getting the FileMaker error 1550, which is defined as “Unable to install plug-in”. The most common case is that the system lacks the required dependencies in order to run the plug-in.

To resolve this, there is a download link in the bundle for the plug-in, that points to a download link for the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package, available from Microsoft’s support website. Save the installer file and run it on your machine, and that should add in the required dependencies into your environment. Once the installer is finished, re-open FileMaker, and you should see a splash screen upon initialization.

kjoe

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 10:13:47 AM »
Hello Jerel,

Thank you for you quick reply. I tried installing the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package, straight from the link provided in the bundle. Installed fine. Still getting the same issue.

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and the repair options as well. I still am baffled that it worked 1 time, and since then, I can't get even close to it installing properly.

The plug-in shows up under "plug-ins", even though I haven't installed it. If I try to enable it, it also crashes FileMaker.

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 10:14:35 AM »
To better assist you a remote session may be the way to go. At your earliest convenience please contact us at (760) 510-1200 so that we can have a remote meeting to better assist you; or we can schedule a time in the future for the meeting. Our tech support is available anytime Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm PST.

kjoe

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 10:44:21 AM »
I am no longer at the office, I will have to call tomorrow. Thank you for trying though!

One last thought, I remember there being 4-5 installments of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable on the machine, is it possible there is a conflict?

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 10:49:39 AM »
Possibly however we have not heard anything of that being an issue.

It could also be that you have multiple instances of the plug-in installed. If you do, this could be one of the causes as to why your FileMaker is crashing, as well as why you have it saying it is installed although you do not.

Possible locations:
- “C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro Advanced\Extensions”
- “C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro Advanced\Extensions”
- “C:\Users\“User”\AppData\Local\FileMaker\Extensions”
- “C:\Users\“User”\AppData\Local\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro Advanced\“version”\Extensions”
- “C:\Users\“User”\AppData\Local\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro\“version”\Extensions”

kjoe

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »
Ah, I see. I will have to try that when I am in tomorrow. I was wondering how it could possibly show up when I knew it wasn't under where it originally installed. I didn't realize it could be hiding somewhere else!

Hopefully that fixes the issue, I will return tomorrow with the answer.

Thanks again Jerel.

kjoe

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 10:19:44 AM »
So it turns out there was another instance of the plug-in hiding in one of these folders. I deleted it, and FileMaker started working normally again.

So I figured I would give the install another shot, and well I am back in the same spot as before.  Plug-in Error 1550, and crashes when trying to enable the plug-in.

I am kind of out of ideas, I really want to use this plug-in, but it will be hard to gain support when I can't even get the demo to work!

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »
KJoe,

Please contact us at (760) 510-1200 so that we can have a remote meeting to better assist you; or we can schedule a time in the future for the meeting. Our tech support is available anytime Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm PST.

cday2003

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 11:10:42 AM »
I was searching for the same error and found this thread. I know it is old but I have same problem with current Fm Books Connector plug-in on Windows 7. Was this ever resolved?

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 08:33:30 AM »
cday2003,

Did you run the installation for the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package? That typically resolves the 1550 error. Perhaps you can send some screenshots of the errors your are receiving to support@productivecomputing.com or even contact us directly at (760)510-1200 so that we can directly assist you with the issues.