Author Topic: QB2014 Mac imports using IIF  (Read 1150 times)

pjreagan

QB2014 Mac imports using IIF
« on: July 29, 2014, 12:25:23 PM »
Greetings,
Our Windows clients been using your FM Books Connector plugins for some time now with continued success but for those that insist upon using Macs we also offer IIF importing into QB.  At least we did.  One user converted to QB 2014 Mac and reported issues.  We could repeat them.  Intuit strung us along for 30 days before admitting that they won’t fix the problem because they’re working on their 2015 release.

My question: has anyone on this list developed for Mac imports using IIF?  If so, is that coding still working on QB 2014 Mac?
Knowing that QB 2014 Mac IIF imports still work for someone else means that there’s a workaround for my problem. 

Thanks in advance!

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: QB2014 Mac imports using IIF
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »
The feature-set of QuickBooks for Mac has always trailed the feature-set of QB for Windows. I have no answer on the IIF import, but do have several otherwise all-MacOS clients that have installed VMWare or Parallels to run QB on a virtual WindowsOS machine for their bookkeeping needs. Other formerly MacOS-only clients have added single WindowsOS machine for the bookkeeper.

This "minimally cross-platform" environment provides a good solution if the client is open to it, and my experience suggests that it's much easier to find a bookkeeper who is comfortable in WindowsOS than in MacOS.

Just my two cents.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

pjreagan

Re: QB2014 Mac imports using IIF
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 11:55:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I'm aware of the use of virtual machines.  I use them for the many different types of QB this vertical-market solution is developed for.  But some clients have already made the mistake of investing in QB Mac and would rather not switch to a Windows version.  They see costs for the virtualization software, the Windows operating system and maybe a new copy of QB.  Plus there's the Windows learning curve to get up.  For an all-Mac office, this can be daunting.

'Just wish Intuit would stand behind their product and support IIF, or offer some other method to import data.