Author Topic: Auto Number QB Invoices  (Read 1020 times)

hudi42

Auto Number QB Invoices
« on: April 14, 2014, 12:15:57 AM »
Hi,

I'm a little bit thrown off by what's happening with my FMBooks when trying to override the invoice number. What I'd like to do ideally is generate invoice numbers in Filemaker and have them push to QB. So all invoices are generated in FM so that users who do not have access to the plugin can create invoices, and then the user who does, at the end of the week push them once.
But I'm getting weird behavior, and I'm sure this is just me not understanding. It sometimes allows FM to push the invoice number and returns a RefNumber which is the same. And sometimes it returns a RefNumber which is simply the next sequential invoice number from QB.
Perhaps there is some setting where I can disable the auto numbering so I can override the invoice number always.

I hope this is clear. Thank you very much for your help!

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Auto Number QB Invoices
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:53:24 AM »
I've never seen the RefNumber value passed in an InvoiceAdd Request fail to retain the passed value. The problem you describe happens when your InvoiceAdd Request has no RefNumber element. I haven't checked, but it might also happen if you passed an empty set of RefNumber element tags.

I don't believe it has anything to to do with the Company Preferences checkbox "Warn about duplicate invoice numbers" in the Sales & Customers section.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

hudi42

Re: Auto Number QB Invoices
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
Thanks Geoffrey,

I couldn't understand how this was happening either as I was able create duplicate inv numbers in QB with no problem. This meant that there was no reason FM should have a problem overriding it.

Anyway, the issue was that I had the order wrong in my script. I was setting the a "Memo" field in the invoice before adding a RefNumber. I'm guessing that was the issue because I changed the order around and it seems to be working.

Thanks for the help.