Author Topic: Job Query by Name  (Read 1021 times)

JonathanIsland

Job Query by Name
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »
I've been able to successfully push a Job to QuickBooks, but I'm not having any luck when I attempt to Query the Job by Name. Productive Computing suggests that I can do so the same way I would query a Customer, but I'm getting the following error:
CODE: 500
SEVERITY: Warn
MESSAGE: The query request has not been fully completed. There was a required element ("Job Name (Job Type)") that could not be found in QuickBooks.

Any ideas? I'm able to Query by List ID with no problems.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Job Query by Name
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 06:41:39 AM »
I've never seen the element "Job Name" in the OSR, or even "Job"--only "JobType". I've never used a JobType element, and didn't see any reference to it as an element of Customer or Invoice, which I guessed would have been places to find it.

I'd like to see the code that forms your Query Request. Normally, a CustomerQuery is the way to find a Job. And because the Name value of a Job does not need to be unique except under its own ParentRef, you'd include both the Job Name as the <Name> value and the ParentRef's ListID or FullName value.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

JonathanIsland

Re: Job Query by Name
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »
Thanks Geoffrey for your response. I actually figured this out by working backwards by querying all Customers, and looking at how the Jobs were formatted. And of course you are correct: the Jobs are formatted in FullName as Parent Company FullName: Job Name. Knowing this allowed me to query by the combination of the names. I only wish I had seen your response first ;)

To answer your question about the Job Type, this is part of the CustomerAdd method, and allows this particular client to categorize various jobs for the same company.

Again, thanks for the help…much appreciated!

-Jonathan