Author Topic: Repeating events  (Read 1610 times)

brutuswa

• Master Window Cleaners
Repeating events
« on: March 01, 2014, 08:18:06 PM »
I am using a trial version of Core2.  I am a window cleaner and most clients choose to have their booking on, say, the 2nd tuesday of every 3rd month.  I was dismayed to find that a repeating schedule for every 3 months comes up as Day 3 of the month which is no good as that may well be a Sunday.???
I then noticed that you can activate a plugin called iCalManipulator, but for some reason I cannot activate it as I used a trial version previously and it has expired. :(
My question is that if I purchase the Core2, will it have the iCalManipulator included?  Even if it doesn't, I don't mind buying it. 
Secondly and most importantly, can I use the iCal method of the repeating event.  i.e. 2nd Tuesday of every 3 months, or will I be stuck with Core2's method of 23rd day of the month?

Also, I like modifying my Filemaker Pro Adv,  will the purchased version allow that?
Brett Curtis
Master Window Cleaners
Perth, Western Australia

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
Re: Repeating events
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »
The Core2 does not come with the iCal manipulator. You would need to purchase that separately and integrate that within the Core2.

In regards to the iCal Manipulator, I can extend your demo period for you. Please send an email to support@productivecomputing.com with your machine name provided and I can take care of that for you.

As far as the repeat option you are asking about, the Core2 does not have that functionality built into it. You would need to customize it to do so. I suggest you take a look at the Core4 product as that has the reminders set up in your desired functionality to be based off "every 2nd tuesday of every month", as well as the iCal manipulator built-in.

For direct assistance, please contact us at (760)510-1200 or email us at support@productivecomputing.com.

brutuswa

• Master Window Cleaners
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 09:43:42 PM »
Don't know if you have noticed but there is a slight difference in price between Core2 and Core4 !

Trying to download Core3 atm, but your connection resets every 5 minutes and core3 takes 6 min to download?  I have had my connection checked and mine is fine.
Brett Curtis
Master Window Cleaners
Perth, Western Australia

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:37:04 AM »
The core2, core3, and core4 are all different products and all have different features hence why they are all priced differently.

Please try the download again for the Core3. If you are still having issues, please email support@productivecomputing.com for direct assistance.