Author Topic: Pulling Payment Link URL from invoice  (Read 1880 times)

dvornickc

Pulling Payment Link URL from invoice
« on: January 10, 2014, 08:39:48 AM »
Is it possible to pull the IPN payment link for an invoice into filemaker?  I couldn't really find anything in the OSR relating to it.  Thinking about using quickbooks for ACH payments but our invoices come out of filemaker not quickbooks.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Pulling Payment Link URL from invoice
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:34:36 AM »
Are you trying to retrieve payment info after an IPN payment has been applied?

You can perform an Invoice Query that includes the IncludeLinkedTxns element with a value of "true" and see any payments applied within the InvoiceQueryRs.

You may need to manually apply the payment, depending on how you've setup your preferences for IPN.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

dvornickc

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:59:11 PM »
Not looking for that yet.  From what I understand from the intuit website with online payments enabled there will be a link at the bottom of the QB invoice. 

If you've received an invoice with an Intuit PaymentNetwork link, it's easy to make your payment.

Open the invoice.
Visit the web address on your invoice, something like https://ipn.intuit.com/a1b2c3d4

I'm assuming that "a1b2c3d4" will be a unique key that will allow them to pay for that specific invoice.  I could be wrong about that I haven't set up online payments in QB yet.  I want to grab that url so my filemaker invoice will allow them to pay for a specific invoice without entering in the details.  Guess I need to make sure that is the way it works with QB first.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:04:11 AM »
I'll be curious if you make any headway. I, too, failed to find any way to retrieve the URL. There appears to be no integration with that part of QB via the API.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852