Author Topic: Modifying Invoice through FM12 and QB online  (Read 1992 times)

Ritesh Gupta

Modifying Invoice through FM12 and QB online
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:25:36 AM »
Hi

When I am modifying invoice and invoice lineitems through FM12 to QB Invoice then i am getting one error. I am using Online QB.

I get error as

CODE: 1030 SEVERITY: ERROR MESSAGE: Not Supported

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><!DOCTYPE QBXML PUBLIC '-//INTUIT//DTD QBXML QBO 6.0//EN' 'http://webapps.quickbooks.com/dtds/qbxmlops60.dtd'><QBXML><QBXMLMsgsRq onError="stopOnError"><InvoiceModRq><InvoiceMod><TxnID>28</TxnID><EditSequence>0</EditSequence><CustomerRef><ListID>61</ListID></CustomerRef><TxnDate>2013-12-13</TxnDate><InvoiceLineMod><TxnLineID>1</TxnLineID><Desc>10 karat gram sum</Desc><Quantity>7.00000</Quantity><Rate>7.37</Rate></InvoiceLineMod><InvoiceLineMod><TxnLineID>2</TxnLineID><Desc>14 karat gram sum</Desc><Quantity>5.00000</Quantity><Rate>11.01</Rate></InvoiceLineMod><InvoiceLineMod><TxnLineID>3</TxnLineID><Desc>18 karat gram sum</Desc><Quantity>5.00000</Quantity><Rate>13.71</Rate></InvoiceLineMod><InvoiceLineMod><TxnLineID>4</TxnLineID><Desc>Ster. Silver gram sum</Desc><Quantity>5.00000</Quantity><Rate>0.18</Rate></InvoiceLineMod></InvoiceMod></InvoiceModRq></QBXMLMsgsRq></QBXML>

Kindly help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Ritesh Gupta

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Modifying Invoice through FM12 and QB online
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 07:44:07 AM »
Intuit is deprecating qbXML access to the QBOE, so I have no ready access to the API via the OSR. I don't know if you're getting that error because Intuit has now closed off access, or if the InvoiceModRq is not supported. If you've successfully sent InvoiceModRq messages in the past, it would appear that qbXML access to QBOE is no longer supported.

Please reply, since Intuit is doing a terrible job of keeping the developer community in the loop as far as QBOE development is concerned.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

Ritesh Gupta

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:46:15 AM »
Hi Geoffrey,

No, I haven't sent it before!!!. I have again tried but got same error.

So what should i do. Please help me.

Thanks
Ritesh Gupta
Mindfire Solutions(India)
riteshg@mindfiresolutions.com

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
Are other Rq's working? CustomerAdd, CustomerMod, InvoiceAdd, etc.?

Ritesh Gupta

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »
Hi Geoffrey,

Yes, CustomerAdd, CustomerMod, InvoiceAdd rq's working...

Any way to modify invoice and invoicelineitems ??

Thanks
Ritesh Gupta
Mindfire Solutions
India

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 08:29:16 AM »
The error's message appears to confirm that it's not possible to modify an Invoice via the qbXML API.

I can't say for sure that it was or was not possible in the past because it's been too long since I worked with QBOE to remember, and the QBOE documentation is no longer available via a separate checkbox on Intuit's OSR page.

As stated earlier in this thread, Intuit is deprecating qbXML access to the Online Edition.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852