Author Topic: Synchronisation with Outlook  (Read 1629 times)

Bernard De Jonghe

Synchronisation with Outlook
« on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:25 AM »
Hello to everyone,
I'm new here on this forum. I would like to use Outlook Manipulator for Mac to keep track of incoming and outgoing mail in our database.
In the Demo-file it is shown how one can pull and push messages between Filemaker and the plug-in.
But for me it is not yet clear how to proceed after the initial pull of messages.
How can new messages automatically be pulled into Filemaker.  There must be a criterium to define which message have to be downloaded when starting a synchronisation.  Is this based in a time stamp?  Or is there another way to define which messages have to be pulled from Outlook?
Thanks for your help.

Jerel Malong

• Global Moderator
Re: Synchronisation with Outlook
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »
For an automatic process, you would need to create scripting to do so. Either by a trigger in FileMaker or a timer/scheduled script to run every so often.

You can pull by timestamp using the PCEM_FilterByLastModified function, which is defined in detail in the Function's guide. You can also define folder's to pull from.

If you reference our developer's guide as well as review the sample scripting in the demo file, these should help you out.

dinmakers

Re: Synchronisation with Outlook
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »
Hi,

I can't find:   in the "Advanced Demo file on the Contacts tab under the "Apply Filters" button".  To find an example as to how to use the  PCEM_FilterByLastModified function. 

I can find the contacts tab but no Apply Filters button.

Which script is being called?

I'm using the MAC Outlook Manipulator and I've attached a screen grab.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:  This function is not available in the MAC version.  It would be helpful if the documentation reflected that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:33:06 AM by dinmakers »