Author Topic: Paying commissions when payment received  (Read 1446 times)

andersmonsen

Paying commissions when payment received
« on: December 06, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »
Is it possible to create a payable in QuickBooks for commission when payment is received? I have gone through the OSR and don't see anything about commissions. I am using "ReceivePaymentAdd" to create a payment in QB from FMP, but I see nothing in there about commissions. The QB support pages only mention "Write a check in QuickBooks to pay the commissions you owe." after first running a report.

Thanks,
Anders Monsen

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Paying commissions when payment received
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 01:57:15 PM »
Not sure I understand exactly what you want to do. Create a Bill from a Vendor or Sales Rep for the commission? Or is the commission payable to an Employee?

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

andersmonsen

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 02:28:28 PM »
Commission is payable to employee. They are set up in the Sales Rep list. Would I create a payable to the employee?

andersmonsen

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »
Perhaps this is via "PayrollItemWageAdd" for employees?

<!-- WageType may have one of the following values: Bonus, Commission, HourlyOvertime, HourlyRegular, HourlySick, HourlyVacation, SalaryRegular, SalarySick, SalaryVacation -->

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »
"PayrollItemWageAdd" is used to add an EarningsItem to the list available in the "Review Paycheck" window's Earnings pane. I don't know of any Paycheck interaction available via the API. You can create a Check for (or a Bill from) the Employee that includes the Commission Expense Account. I don't know what you envision the QB workflow should be and I haven't tried it, but maybe a Journal Entry with the Employee identified in the EntityRef and a BillableStatus value of "Billable" would get you close to what you want.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852