Author Topic: Global Graphics  (Read 3914 times)

sfkev

Global Graphics
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »
Howdy!  Just purchased Core2 CRM and I have a question about the graphics used in the solution.

From what I have read/researched, many of the graphics reside in the GLBL table, but a few are also in the tables, CNTCT, contct_ADDR, etc.  And the logo is in cntct_PREF with a Preference layout interface that allows you to change the actual graphic. 

My question is: is there another layout interface, that allows identifying and/or changing any of the other graphics in a simple manner?

Thanks in advance!

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
Re: Global Graphics
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:21:18 AM »
Yes, and I believe what you are after can be found by following these steps:

1) Navigate to the Core2 Prefs file
2) Run the "unlock" script
3) Enter layout mode in order to get to the various layouts on the Core2 Prefs file
4) Select the "AllFields(Global)" layout and there you will find a developer's view of all the graphics.
*You may also want to explore the "AllFields(Preferences)" and "AllFields(Users)" layouts as well depending on what graphics you are after.

Please note that on the "AllFields(Global)" layout there are local and global graphics for each graphic. The global graphic will follow suite to whatever changes occur to the local graphic. We recommend changing the graphics here when the Core2 is NOT being served/hosted. If the Core2 is already being hosted, then please let me know so I may provide you with alternate best practices information. However, it is preferable to change the graphics here BEFORE hosting the Core2.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:12:46 PM by Melinda DePalma »

sfkev

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 01:57:10 PM »
By "Navigate to Preference File", do you mean click on the Preference button on the right-hand menu?  If so, I don't see an option for "unlocking" a script.  Or do you use the Filemaker Menu options?

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 02:06:13 PM »
The Core2 Prefs file is actually a separate supporting (almost hidden) FileMaker file. To navigate to the Core2 Prefs file, please do the following:

1) Open the Core2 CRM solution
2) Select Window > Show Window > Core2 Prefs from the FileMaker toolbar at the top.

A little window as shown below will appear. This is a completely separate FileMaker file. This file contains its own set of scripts, layouts etc. and you may also want to reference the Developer's Guide found here for further information: http://productivecomputing.com/docs/?p=254 about the various files associated with the Core2 CRM.