Author Topic: Passing an invoice value full stop  (Read 1425 times)

johnlewisdesign

Passing an invoice value full stop
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »
Hi guys

I've been toying with this for some time now, but getting nowhere. I'm sorry if this is similar to a previous, I'm just losing it. My client wants to leave inventory OUT of QuickBooks. By leave out, I mean never sync any product, never send an invoiceline, not a sniff of stock, nada, nothing. No non-inventory items. Nothing. Empty. We're already managing this ourselves. Just a sales order number, QB Link ID, address data and invoice/tax amounts. QB seems to insist you have your product in there. Its really bugging me now.

Am I right in thinking I cannot use InvoiceAdd for this as it will always expect inventory/InvoiceLineAdd?? We have turned off managed stock but still it complains that the ListID for item x is invalid. QuickBooks, take the hint! lol. Obviously this is a shortfall in my learning, but it should be simple, no? Can't I just add invoice amount, and ignore the InvoiceLineAdd?

By the way, try looking at InvoiceAdd on the OSR. Seems like a fail. Such a poorly written website, it only works in Firefox, and not very well either.

Can anyone propose a better way of approaching this, please? Client is adamant he wants no inventory in QB, I'm running out of time and losing the will.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:55:45 AM by johnlewisdesign »

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Passing an invoice value full stop
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »
I'm unaware of any way to add value to an Invoice without adding an InvoiceLine. If I understand what you're trying to do, I'd add a single NonInventory Item to QB and call it "Sale". Then pass your FMP Invoice Total in a LineAdd that's hardcoded to pass the ItemRef::FullName the "Sale" value.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

johnlewisdesign

Re: Passing an invoice value full stop
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »
Geoffrey, you are a wonderful human being. I just thought it through in the same way before returning to here, but you'd already nailed it! luckily so had I.

Basically I've made a non-inventory item called ZZZGOODSZZZ and assigned it to that - then hardcoded the stock code as the same. I can pass a memo with name etc if needs be - but IT WORKS!

Thank you so much for getting back to me. He will be happy now :)