Author Topic: Connecting to online Quick Books  (Read 1354 times)

kirkl@flgsi.com

Connecting to online Quick Books
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:25 AM »
Ive set up a dummy online QB session. Ive imported all of my data to it.

With this i can make mistakes and play with it until i get the scripting correct.

The one issue i see is that i believe i have to have a different script step to go to each online version.

I don't want to program it for the dummy then have to redo it for the live version.

This is my Question. Can i just create a script that opens the QB file.

Then make that script my first script step in my filemaker... preform this script...

That way I'll only have to change one item not each function with in my filemaker as I'm communication with QB.

johnlewisdesign

Re: Connecting to online Quick Books
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 02:57:54 AM »
Once you have the link to the online version, the scripts will use this link to execute.

The script steps always call back using the connection you made only.

Of course you will have to relink to the live one and it will need to be authorised when you get to this. As with QuickBooks itself you can only work with one company file at a time. Just use your dummy to get it right, then repeat the setup process once done on the live version.

Want to use multiple live company files and/or switch between them? You will also have to use multiple machines and multiple FM Books Connector licenses, setting up an environment for each.

But in short no, just include the open session script at the start and you're done with the pointing.