Author Topic: Advanced Inventory  (Read 1479 times)

nealalanfrank

Advanced Inventory
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:48:32 AM »
Okay. My client purchased the Advanced Inventory module for their QB. I'm able to pull all inventory, but I'm pretty certain they aren't the Advanced Inventory because the only site-related Response fields available to me is the PrefVendorRef fields. Also, I never get any inventory that repeats for each Site; which is supposed to be one of the main features of Advanced Inventory. What's wanted is to get the exact same data within the Quantity on Hand by Site Inventory Report into a table in their FileMaker system. The OSR doesn't seem to have any information on MessageTypes for the Advanced Inventory "tables"; not sure if the way QB stores data is still considered tables.

Thanks!

Neal

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Advanced Inventory
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:55:20 AM »
I don't see any way to get the values you want from an ItemInventory Query Request. If you can run a report in the QB UI that produces the results, it may be possible to run a GeneralDetailReportQuery Request and parse the values from the response. I've provided consulting to many of our colleagues who needed help parsing detail from reports--it can be tricky and goes beyond the scope of what's easily described in this forum.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

nealalanfrank

Re: Advanced Inventory
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:17:31 AM »
Fair enough! Thanks very much once again Geoffrey.

Best,
Neal