Author Topic: Ship to on one invoice and another ship to on another invoice for same Customer  (Read 1138 times)

Scott Toland

All of the invoices are tied to a Job in QB, whenever I send an invoice to QB from Filemaker for the same job, the Ship To info on the Job changes.

Is there a way to say this invoice belongs to this ship to address and another invoice from the same job belongs to this other ship to address?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Scott

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
A Job in QB can be the parent of other Jobs, so you could add a new Job for each ShipAddress. If you're not already assigning a Class to an Invoice, the Class field might be useful. Or you could create a CustomField (DataExtDef) to the CustomerList (which an Invoice inherits) and then fill it in with different values based on the Invoice ShipAddress.

Not sure if any of these point you in the right direction--if not, say more about what you're hoping to accomplish.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

Scott Toland

Thanks for the reply.  After posting I did some more research into the Invoice that this company is using in QB and have found that they have the Bill To address and Ship To address reversed.  So when I send Ship to info from FM to QB it goes into the Bill to fields in QB, but in QB the Bill to field is labeled Ship to on the custom invoice they put together.  Nobody here knows why that happened.    ???

Anyhow, I believe once I fix this issue my problem will go away (Im hoping)

Thanks for your help!

Scott