Author Topic: Mod Customer Name field  (Read 2164 times)

kurchy

Mod Customer Name field
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:21:56 AM »
I'm pushing customer updates in filemaker into quickbooks and seems to be working good other than one thing.  Quickbooks seems to have 2 fields, Company Name and Customer Name.  I can modify Company Name with no problem but can't seem to change the Customer Name field.  Looking at the OSR i'm assuming "Name" is the field I would want, however i get the following error when trying to modify.

CODE: -1000
SEVERITY: failed validation
Reason:   Element 'Name' is unexpected according to content model of parent element 'CustomerMod'.
Expecting: Salutation, FirstName, MiddleName, LastName, Suffix, BillAddress, ShipAddress, PrintAs, Phone, Mobile, Pager, AltPhone, Fax, Email, Contact, AltContact, CustomerTypeRef, TermsRef, SalesRepRef, SalesTaxCodeRef, ItemSalesTaxRef, SalesTaxCountry, ResaleNumber, AccountNumber, CreditLimit, PreferredPaymentMethodRef, CreditCardInfo, JobStatus, JobStartDate, JobProjectedEndDate, JobEndDate, JobDesc, JobTypeRef, Notes, IsStatementWithParent, DeliveryMethod, PriceLevelRef, TaxRegistrationNumber, CurrencyRef

Is it not possible to change the Customer Name filed in quickbooks or am I just missing something?
Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Mod Customer Name field
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
"Name" is the element you want. It should come right after you've identified the ListID and EditSequence values. The error message suggests you're passing it after the IsActive or ParentRef element.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

kurchy

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »
Fantastic!! That did the trick.  I didn't realize the order mattered that much.  Thanks a ton!

On a related note I have a similar issue with invoices.  I can update the TxnDate and I can update the quickbooks invoice # with RefNumber.  However if I enable both script steps at the same time it fails.  Based on your fix above I went back and changed the order of these as well.  I moved the TxnDate before the RefNumber and the error is gone now, but now i get nothing.  The result comes back as success yet there is no invoice in quickbooks.  Any idea what I might be missing?

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »
It may have been added but you have filters applied in QB that are excluding it. Did you try a find by RefNumber?

If you're tracking the TxnID (and I presume you are since you're talking about updating an Invoice) you can use a TxnDisplayMod Request with a ModType value of "Invoice" and your TxnID value to open the Invoice in a QB Invoice window.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

kurchy

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
Well filemaker I know, unfortunately I know very little about quickbooks.  However I did discover that if the invoice has a 2012 date, it does work.  However, anything not in 2012 doesn't seem to show in quickbooks so what you're saying about a filter does make sense and I'm guessing that is the issue, so thanks yet again. :)

To clarify for the future, as far as the correct order of the script steps.  Is it just a matter of following the order that they appear in the quicbooks OSR?

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 06:08:40 AM »
There's a Date filter in QuickBooks that includes many relative choices, like "This week" and "This Fiscal Year". From your description, you may have the latter--it's the default choice, IIRC. If you're looking for your Invoices by opening the Customer Center and selecting a Customer, you'll see the row of filters to the right of the Customer List, below the Customer Information section.

On you last Question: Yes, it is.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

kurchy

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 06:47:06 AM »
Perfect, I changed the filter to All and bingo, they are all there :)

Thanks again for all your help!!