Author Topic: Submitting new items  (Read 1115 times)

rpdwyer

Submitting new items
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
Hello all.
I am finally off the ground by using the demo file that comes with FM Books and have integrated it to our main FM file.

Pushing and pulling invoices works well with the exception of when the item being invoiced does not currently exist in QB... it returns an error indicating exactly that.

So, what I thought I would do is make the push statement check to see if an item exists in QB and if it does, continue with the import.  If it does not, it would run a sub script that would essentially push the new item to QB.  I have not been able to determine exactly how to push a product/item code to QB and then make it accessible to FM so the invoice can be pushed to QB.

Can anyone give some demo code specifically for entering items into QB (not invoices... but the products that the invoice is for)

Thanks for any info.

--Rick

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Submitting new items
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:20:31 PM »
Look at the On Screen Reference for the type of Item you're passing. If all of your items are a single type (Inventory, for example) it will be fairly straightforward. Otherwise, you'll need to have a way to determine which ItemType needs to be added, pass all the relevant elements for that type, and then return either the FullName or ListID ItemRef to your Invoice script for use in the InvoiceLineAdd node.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852