Author Topic: Event versus reminder calendars  (Read 1966 times)

TPSchultz

Event versus reminder calendars
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:34:08 AM »
I used to be able to send todos via iCal Manipulator to several designated calendars on iCal without any problem. These were calendars that had both events and todos on them.

I made the mistake of connecting to iCloud and now, when I try to update a calendar from iCal Manipulator, I get messages that the calendar doesn't support reminders.

I've read that iCloud has now split calendars as one function or another--you can't have a single calendar with both.

I can't tell from your documentation how to set up iCal Manipulator commands so that it designates a reminder list, only calendars. How do I need to revise my scripting to make my tasks go to a reminder list and not an event calendar?

It seems that Apple wants us to have only one reminder list, but I generate task lists for several people and need to have more than one. Can you help me? Please?

TPSchultz

Re: Event versus reminder calendars
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »
Maybe I'm OK now. I changed the calendar names so that they are different from the reminder lists and things seem to add/update with no problem. Please let me know if there is more to this.

Thanks.