Author Topic: Submitting and processing a Credit Card  (Read 1151 times)

rpdwyer

Submitting and processing a Credit Card
« on: August 23, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »
Hello all.

I've downloaded and installed the plugin and run through the Developers Guide.

Via the demo file I have been able to tie my invoice module to QB and push invoices to QB.

What I would like to do is submit a customer credit card payment to QB from FileMaker and have QB "Process MasterCard payment when saving"... which is a checkbox on the customer payment screen.  I've read a previous post regarding submitting and processing CC payments through QB, but I was not clear on whether it was decided it can be done or not.

I am not clear on how to do this... if it can be done.  Is there a link someone can point me to regarding a demo file or sample code showing how to post CC payments to QB?
Thanks,

--Rick

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Submitting and processing a Credit Card
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »
A ReceivePaymentAdd request that incorporates this data would require integration with the QBMS SDK, and the plug-in only works with the QB SDK. I'd love to see Productive Computing add support for Merchant Services, but I think I was only the second person to ask about it last year.

You can, of course, record a credit card payment you processed by other means. Just not automate the processing.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852