Author Topic: Pushing invoice: No errors reported, but no invoice shows up in QB  (Read 2053 times)

Ron Hofius

I have installed FMbooks Connector for a client, had them purchase it, registered it successfully, tested with "pull" functions in the sample file and it pulls fine from QB. Then I modified the script to push an invoice, which I have done successfully at a number of other clients. It returns success codes and gives me the QB ID for the invoice (after I pass it the one for the customer based on the "pull" mentioned above).  All looks perfect to me.

Problem: After all of this, there is no new invoice in QB. I've spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting, pausing my script to look at the state of data and error conditions etc., and everything looks fine. Is this familiar to anyone? Is there something you would point me toward to help troubleshoot this?  With no errors being returned, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to even troubleshoot any further, and have a customer losing a bit of confidence.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Pushing invoice: No errors reported, but no invoice shows up in QB
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
Are you SURE there's no new Invoice in QB? Many QB windows have filters that can obscure a transaction, and you said that you get a QB ID (by which I presume you mean a TxnID value.) If QB crashes, it's possible--but uncommon--to get no error code and to see Response values from a prior Request. Your description does not suggest this scenario.

What happens if you search QB for the Invoice by RefNumber?

Ron Hofius

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:41:08 PM »
I appreciate your response. I was on the road afterwords, so apologize for the delay.

I am not completely sure there is no invoice, but I am sure that I couldn't find one using any criteria I could think of, such as customer or date. You were correct that i did mean TxnID value. By RefNumber, do you mean the unique invoice ID? I tried both handing it one and letting it assign one, and couldn't find anything by that when I did hand it one (I'm not in front of it now, so I can't verify that I'm talking about the same field you are).

I will be on site again in the next day or so, and if I can't figure it out, maybe I will try to have a phone support call from the site.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »
The "RefNumber" is not the TxnID, it's the Invoice Number you see in the QB User Interface. So if you are passing Invoice# 1001 from FMP, you'd usually set the RefNumber in QB to that same value.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852