Author Topic: Journal Entry Add  (Read 2541 times)

gbeutler@l-n.com

• Gerard Beutler
Journal Entry Add
« on: December 07, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »
The client would like to make journal entries into QB.

The following is start of the script:

Set Field [ Main::gResult; PCQB_RqNew ( "JournalEntryAdd" ) ]
Set Field [ Main::gResult; PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "TxnDate" ; SRI Financials::DATE ) ]
Set Field [ Main::gResult; PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "RefNumber"; SRI Financials::COMPASS CHECK NO ) ]
Set Field [ Main::gResult; PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "IsAdjustment" ; 1 ) ]
Set Field [ Main::gResult; PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "IsHomeCurrencyAdjustment"; 1 ) ]
#
Set Field [ Main::gResult; PCQB_RqAddRelatedRecord ( "JournalDebitLine" ) ]
Set Field [ Main::gResult; PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "Amount"; 1000 ) ]
Set Field [ Main::gResult; PCQB_RqCloseRelatedRecord ]

Without the JournalDebitLine's the following error reported:
CODE: -1000
SEVERITY: failed validation
Reason:   Content for element 'JournalEntryAdd' is incomplete according to the DTD/Schema.
Expecting: JournalDebitLine, JournalCreditLine.

When the lines are left in the following error is reported:
CODE: 3250
SEVERITY: Error
MESSAGE: This feature is not enabled or not available in this version of QuickBooks.

What additions and corrections need to be made to make a Journal Entry?

Thanks.

Have a great day!

Gerard Beutler
2013 FileMaker Mad Dog Award Recipient

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
Re: Journal Entry Add
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 05:41:08 PM »
A JournalEntryAdd requires both a JournalDebitLine AND JournalCreditLine. Please make sure you reference the OSR for proper field order. As shown in the attached image from the OSR you must supply the credit line and a corresponding debit line in the same request. I can see where this would be confusing in the OSR as the word "OR" is used. I can put a request into Intuit to make this change in the OSR.

joshw

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »
A JournalEntryAdd requires both a JournalDebitLine AND JournalCreditLine. Please make sure you reference the OSR for proper field order. As shown in the attached image from the OSR you must supply the credit line and a corresponding debit line in the same request. I can see where this would be confusing in the OSR as the word "OR" is used. I can put a request into Intuit to make this change in the OSR.

I am attempting to add a Journal entry as well, but I am using both JournalDebitLine and JournalCreditLine, with no success. Any ideas? I'm not a developer, so really I'd be okay with paying someone to write a script for me so that I can modify it for my needs. Is there any example scripts for that? Everything else is Invoice related....

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »
You don't say what error you received, which would provide a starting point. So would a screen shot or description of the plug-in calls your script makes (in the order in which it makes them.) Do the total of the Debit Lines add up to the the total of the Credit Lines?

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852